Severoth: Vsesvit (Album Review)


Severoth - Vsesvit
Release date:
20/11/2020
Label: Avantgarde Music
Written by: X.K.


My never-ending fondness of this project once again drew me to this 5th album, which goes beyond great heights. Whenever I start my day, Severoth comes to mind, as being such an influential part of my life that is so hard to put into words, but not feelings. 

My first listening to "Vsesvit" was rough, as I couldn't fully give myself to the composition. I took a break after a couple of takes and came back to what became an intense ride a month later. I don't think that I was quite done spiritually with the previous record "When The Night Falls..." and two years later I found myself with a new more experimental offering that as for today truly surpasses the much-crowded music scene that, to begin with, never has reached these irreplaceable tunes he creates. 

Entering the album with its huge delivery, 'Far Above the Sky' brings out new and old ingredients to the flame, as it takes the listener back to previous encounters while opening for others. Further into the mix, clean vocals announce their presence giving the section an exciting new character that adapts with the passing transitions. Towards the ending his signature is spread all over the track, with the endlessly emotional instrumental tunes and echo-like howls giving a, in my opinion, unique and beautiful experience. 'Unwritten Letters' pounds one direction almost towards nothingness while feeling endless. The dark energy is heavy on this one as it progresses towards a similar universe, where the previous left off.  As he on some of the two prior albums uses texts from Ukrainian writers, this next song will be likewise. 'Emptiness' carries the trance-like feeling that lasts for a little over fifteen-minutes, draining my entire body from energy while filling it with new. The song takes me back to 'Dark Thoughts' from the past record, since it has a lot of similarities and creates the same disturbance. 

Going deeper into the album, it's like being tied to a tree, growing with it. 'Silver Dawns of Spring' opens up, feeling like losing weight. It fits perfectly with this time of the year when moving from winter into spring and all the beauty that lays within seasonal changes in nature. 'Coldness of Sad Eyes' gives me Moonsorrow-vibes almost the entire way through, it radiates the Finnish sound that really stands close by and then again not really. But in the end, these are just my words taken from my emotions this album lead me though. Where did it take you?

I give this album

Out of 6

Favorite tracks: Emptiness, Coldness of Sad Eyes 
Tracklist: 
1. Far Above the Sky
2. Unwritten Letters
3. Emptiness
4. Silver Dawns of Spring
5. Coldness of Sad Eyes

Recorded and mixed by Severoth at Nordlys Home Studio 
Drums recorded at Divine Records
Cover art by Unholy Darkness 


Severoth Bandcamp:
https://severoth.bandcamp.com/

Severoth Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/severoth

Avantgarde Music Bandcamp:
https://avantgardemusic.bandcamp.com/

Avantgarde Music Facebook: 
https://www.facebook.com/avantgardemusiclabel

Kommentarer