Slægt / 14.5.2021 // High Voltage

By: N


I attended Slægt's second concert some years ago, and I was blown away. 
The Copenhagen-based band played at a venue called Mayhem and since that day I have been attending their concerts as often as possible. When I discovered that they were going to have a show at High Voltage in Copenhagen, I made sure to buy myself a ticket. And of course, I had to sit in the front row. 

Nowadays, with corona restrictions, we all had to sit while the concert was occurring, and just waiting for the concert to begin felt like ages! But it was worth it. Almost!

Slægt was good at "taking the stage" and grabbing the audience's attention with songs like 'The Tower', 'Domus Mysterium', 'Black Bombs', 'Egovore', 'Move In Chaos', and 'The Wheel'. They had pretty much eye contact with the audience while having each other's attention on performing together on stage. Unfortunately, they experienced some technical difficulties, which must have been a hell of a stressful situation for the musicians. 

What I have noticed about Slægt's other concerts, is their professional way of managing these kinds of situations, when or if they occur. They are good at complementing each other if they encounter some technical problems while filling the gaps with beautiful improvisations. No wonder, that this evening's show was sold out with only them performing. 





Kommentarer